Re: ANN: Gorm-0.6.0

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: Re: ANN: Gorm-0.6.0
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 07:23:17 +0900

Gregory John Casamento wrote:

Just to verify. I just now checked IB on MOSX and it has the same behaviour.
NSDocumentController itself is not instantiable on MOSX's IB. :)

Really? I can't argue it. Then, could you answer a few questions to help me?

(1)  We could instantiate NSDocumentController with Gorm-0.5.0 or earlier.
    Was this a sort of bug, or a forbidden operation?
(2) Because Mac's Project Builder allows us to choose "Cocoa Documented-based
    Application", I assumed that the class is automatically instantiated by
the tool or somewhere (so you don't need to instantiate the class with IB explicitly). But our Project Center doesn't allow it (AFAIK). Then, how can we create multi-document applications with the latest Gorm? For me,
    the following doesn't look elegant:
         @interface MyDocumentController : NSDocumentController
         @end
         @implementation MyDocumentController
         @end
     when I don't actually need a subclass.

I learned the way of creating a multi-document application through Yen-Ju
Chen's tutorial.  If the behavior of the latest Gorm is really right, I'd
like ask the current maintainer of the tutorial to update it in accordance
with the change.

Thanks
- Kazunobu Kuriyama