Re: [libobjc] May I tweak objc-api.h?

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [libobjc] May I tweak objc-api.h?
Date: 07 Feb 2004 00:35:16 +0100

Mike Stump <mrs@apple.com> writes:

| The solution they took, was to migrate to a new name, the same new
| name, in C and C++, I think we should do the same.
|
| Something like:
|
| struct A {
|       int class;
| };
|
| became:
|
| struct A {
|       int super_class;
| };

Just a minor precision:  They called it "c_class" and the structures
in question are Visual and XWindowAttributes.  But they are still
depending on CPP conditional inclusion:

  #if defined(__cplusplus)
      int c_class;
  #else
      int class;
  #endif

[...]

| The X11 folks grappled with this, gosh, a long long time ago.  Time to
| enter the 90s.  :-)

It looks like they are still using CPP to handle this, even in the 00s
:-)

-- Gaby