Layout problem with split views in Renaissance

From: Stephen Perry
Subject: Layout problem with split views in Renaissance
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:50:14 -1100

Hi - I'm currently working on a simple notepad type application as a way to learn something about GNUstep development, and have run into a problem trying to use a split view with Renaissance 0.8. I'd like to create an interface similar to that of the Psion 5 Jotter application - basically it's two panes, text on the right and a list on the left, with a text area at the bottom for searching. My attempt at this is attached...

Anyway, when I load this file the text view in the left pane doesn't appear at all. If I resize the split view it appears correctly. If I then resize the window it doesn't get resized correctly until I resize the split view again. If I remove the box containing the label and text field then everything works as expected. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Many thanks...

steve.
<Example.gsmarkup>

"This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the
intended recipient.  Any unauthorized review, use or distribution by others is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply
email @globespanvirata.com, and delete the message. Thank you."