Re: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt

From: Philip Mötteli
Subject: Re: Cocoa/Windows parallel dvlpmt
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 01:30:03 +0100

Am 03.02.2004 um 23:54 schrieb Allan Odgaard:
On 3. Feb 2004, at 21:12, Philip Mötteli wrote:
Well, most of the people would rather work with Windows. So that must be better, doesn't it? [...]

How do you know that most people would rather work with Windows?

Just count the numbers.

By your logic most would then also favor a bike over a car.

Why? The numbers say the opposite.

Most that I know who use Windows do it either because they have no knowledge of the alternatives, no money for something "better" or circumstances are just forcing them to use Windows.

:-)   So, what did I say? Do they work with Windows or not?
But the context was GNUstep and Cocoa: People do not use GNUstep, because they have a predefined opinion. An opinion which is not based on facts. Such biased opinions are the subject of marketing. Who's making the marketing for GNUstep? Who's making the marketing for Apple? So, who will better guide such "biased" opinions, Apple or GNUstep?

Re
Phil

Btw: I hate being cited with something, that is ripped out of its context. We're not on the boulevard here, please! Play fair!