Re: Use of JPEG (again)

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Use of JPEG (again)
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 23:41:06 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:
> OK, I looked into this and the problem is caused by a hack that was
> specially there for the WRaster file loading. The method
> [NSBitmapImageRep imageRepsWithFile:] cause this, as it works around the
> normal way of doing image loading. Alexander probably did forget to
> remove this method and its use in [NSImageRep
> imageRepsWithContentsOfFile:], but I would like to get a statement from
> him, before I remove it myself and cause even greater damage.

Ah, figures. Didn't think the old code would interfere that much with
the new code. :/

This was part #3 of my grand image loading plan (
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2004-01/msg00232.html
), but I wanted feedback on it before removing it, and I never got any
(mail.gnu.org was acting weird at that time, so that may be why).

Anyway, I've had that code removed locally since I did the other parts,
and it hasn't caused me any problems, so I've committed it now.

- Alexander Malmberg