Re: GNUstep.org

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: GNUstep.org
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:57:08 -0600

On 2004-01-25 19:20:44 -0600 MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

[snip]
> On the gnustep.org site, the sidebar "crashed" into the main text, which
> seemed to make some links very hard to click and the site pretty awful to
> read.

OK.  That's no longer a problem, but the sidebar appears alone at the bottom.

>> I tried with Netscape 4.78 and it looks different but it's usable (i.e. =
>> the links work you can get the other pages, but not all).=20
>
> Until someone contributes CSS that works for NN4 and looks the same, I think
> that will do for now.

Yes, it is usable.

[snip]
>> Would you like some screen shots?
>
> URLs only, please. My mailbox has a size limit since those Microsoft worms
> started rampaging around.

Here are some screenshots, I added a NS 7.0 one for comparison (same machine):

http://www.legosoft.com.mx/~rberber/screenshot_NS4.78_top.png
http://www.legosoft.com.mx/~rberber/screenshot_NS4.78_mid.png
http://www.legosoft.com.mx/~rberber/screenshot_NS4.78_bot.png

http://www.legosoft.com.mx/~rberber/screenshot_NS7.0_top.png