Adium under GNUstep (was Re: What should and should not go in?)

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Adium under GNUstep (was Re: What should and should not go in?)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 11:27:13 -0800

Fabien et. al,

On Jan 24, 2004, at 8:52 AM, Fabien VALLON wrote:

Gregory John Casamento (greg_casamento@yahoo.com) wrote:

--- Fabien VALLON <fabien.vallon@fr.alcove.com> wrote:
Gregory John Casamento (greg_casamento@yahoo.com) wrote:

Applications like Adium and iTerm, for instance, are waiting for NSToolbar
be fully implemented.

They are really *just* waiting for that ?

According to Alex P. that's all.

I just checkout the CVS here :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/adium/

I didn't find any GNUmakefile.With some grep I found Carbon reference
(I didn't finf gnustep reference)
There are a few Carbon classes which I'm currently working with the Adium team to find ways to eliminate. They are not absolutely necessary anyways. Yes, there are several Carbon calls, yes, they need to be #ifdefed in CVS but they are on my machine and it's one of my goals for this weekend. The Adium team members are very receptive to the idea of porting, and are willing to work with us to find alternatives to the no more than a handful of Carbon classes that currently exist in their code.

Adium also currently uses PCH, and I've been using GCC 3.4/3.5 for my testing as a result, since it supports it. But this is somewhat of a temporary solution to increase the rapidity of porting on my part.

If anyone would like to help out, please e-mail me privately.

Where the adium is the CVS for the GNUstep port ?
On my hard drive, which I promise you will change soon, in light of this and other e-mails.

--
Alex Perez
aperez@student.santarosa.edu