Re: [objc-improvements-branch] About to start ObjC++

From: Ziemowit Laski
Subject: Re: [objc-improvements-branch] About to start ObjC++
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:41:51 -0800

On 20 Jan, 2004, at 15.31, Alexander Malmberg wrote:

Ziemowit Laski wrote:
Hello,

This is just a friendly heads-up that the objc-improvements-branch,
previously used to integrate Apple's ObjC fixes into the mainline,
shall henceforth be used to develop the Objective-C++ front-end,
to be integrated into mailine 3.5 upon completion.

I assume the branch will be used only for objective-c++, and that any
other objective-c changes (ie. that affect normal objective-c) will be
separated out for review; right? I have a big interest in keeping
objective-c working for us (GNUstep and related projects), but since I
don't have a real interest in objective-c++ per se, I'm not going to
track the branch and test/fix the GNU runtime side of things (unlike
last time).

There is a small chance that there may be some NeXT-only ObjC fixes in
addition to ObjC++. Of course, if/when objc-improvements-branch is ready to be integrated into mainline, _all_ of it will be subject to review. :-)

Also, as I commit things, I can send copies of the ChangeLog to gcc-patches, so that you can get a bird's eye view of what is happening. Would that be helpful?

Thanks,

--Zem
Ziemowit Laski                 1 Infinite Loop, MS 301-2K
Mac OS X Compiler Group        Cupertino, CA USA  95014-2083
Apple Computer, Inc.           +1.408.974.6229  Fax .5477