Re: GModel decision

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GModel decision
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 02:08:40 +0100

Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
Yes ... I think that the text-property-list encoded format of a keyed archive finally makes reverse engineering of archived objects a practical possibility (not to imply that it would be quick or easy). I had a look at writing a keyed archiver several months back, and it did not look *too* bad ... but I was having some trouble figuring out exactly what the algorithm for generating the property list should be. Perhaps I can find time to get back to it ... sounds like it might move up the priority list if someone is willing to do the donkey-work of updating all the ancoding/decoding methods of the base/gui objects using it.

Last night I had my first chance to look at a key/value encoded nib and that did look rather readable. SO if you need somebody to help you I am ready to take up some tasks.

Fred