Re: NSToolbar (was Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> C

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: NSToolbar (was Re: Portability/Compatability between GNUstep <---> Cocoa...)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:51:11 -0800 (PST)

Alex,

I've let Quentin know that I'll help him implement it, if he needs me to
explain anything that's already there.   Basically all of the toolbar
"management" code should be there.   A lot of the code for the view
(GSToolbarView) is also implemented as well.

GJC

--- Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
> > "bloat" is perhaps a little strong. It's true the design is not
> > perfect...
> > … I'm currently writing the NSToolbar implementation for GNUstep from
> > the existing skeleton class and there are two major changes to NSWindow
> > to have it working :
> > - setToolbar: method
> > - toolbarView support must be added to window root view _wv (reason :
> > broacast the window events)
> Have you been in contact with Greg Casamento? If not, you need to contact
> him ASAP. He has also been working on an NSToolbar implementation, and I
> really hate to see unnecessary duplication of efforts.
>
> Alex Perez

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
-- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---