Re: DirectFB backend, I'm going for it!

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: DirectFB backend, I'm going for it!
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:51:10 -0800 (PST)

Serg,

The recent change adding GSTitleView into CVS has broken Gorm's ability to edit
menus.   The menu title shows up as a blank menu item and the menu is
immovable.   I suggest that any special views and such for the DirectFB backend
should live in the backend itself.

GJC

--- Serg Stoyan <stoyan@on.com.ua> wrote:
> Hello Alexander,
>
> > Serg Stoyan wrote:
> > > Actualy some time ago I've started to create title view for NSMenu and
> > > it works. I can find and put it on CVS. I need a day or two for it.
> >
> > The code exposes some rather deep issues in NSWindow (a bunch of
> > assumptions that no longer hold when -gui is doing this), so the changes
> > are fairly invasive, and I don't think it's appropriate to commit any of
> > this to cvs until it's done and known to work. However, I'm still
> > interested in seeing your work. Could you mail me your patch/new files
> > instead?
>
> I understand issues you're taking about but...
> I've added GSTitleView into CVS and make used by NSMenuView now. Basically
> it is slightly modified NSMenuWindowTitleView and doesn't touch any parts
> of NSWindow and friends. Think of it as starting point for general title
> view. Now I want to check/fix functionality related to window title
> (becomeDidBecomeKey, windowDidResignKey etc.).
>
> So I can finish GSTitleView to be a fully functioning title view,
> leaving NSWindow issues to someone else for now...
>
> --
> Serg Stoyan

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
-- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---