Re: XML idea

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: XML idea
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 11:38:30 -0800

On Jan 8, 2004, at 11:29 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:
In my experience, things tend not to work very well when we are "fighting"
between each other. :-)
Agreed.
Both points of view have their reasons.
Also agreed.
In this case to me it looks like if we add NSToolbar and write clearly in the documentation that it's there just/mainly for compatibility with the current Apple system (maybe we document it in a different section, outside the main listing of classes, in an Apple compatibility area), the solution
should make everyone happy and I don't see any reason to "fight".
I started PortabilityKit in the hopes of ENDING the disagreements that have arisen over the inclusion of cocoa classes in GNUstep. If PortabilityKit is not necessary, that's fine. If you guys want PortabilityKit to be an official sanctioned subproject of GNUstep, that's fine too. I'll even volunteer myself to maintain it, since nobody else seems to want to.
--
Alex Perez
aperez@student.santarosa.edu