Re: XML idea

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: XML idea
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 18:42:07 -0500

On 2004-01-07 16:33:06 -0700 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:
I think it would be better to have some kind of installation app which could do this - it would make things a lot simpler. Basically it would be simple enough to start with whatever the user had currently installed and be able to pull in all the other libraries, frameworks, apps, etc that could be useful.

Well, yeah. But are you assuming that GNUstep will already be installed? I was talking about a 'from scratch' installation. Either way, we'd still be talking about installing the polluted 'icky' library by default if there were some sort of friendly installation procedure. And would people accept a default installation that included such things?