Re: XML idea

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: XML idea
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 17:08:14 -0500

On 2004-01-07 11:04:00 -0800 Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
No worries, but I created PortabilityKit in large part to *escape* the political whining that goes on with stuff being in core. GNUstep is not a cocoa clone, nor should it be. That being said, there's no reason we can't make PortabilityKit easy to get/make/use.

Maybe even a --with-PortabilityKit flag for configure-all with a nice big warning/disclaimer would be cool...just a thought.

That would be best. My fear was that someday, somebody's going to build GNUstep on their machine and expect Cocoa apps to just build (quite reasonably, given the way this thing's been promoted). And then somebody on this list is going to say, in a condescending tone, "You have to go download X and install it. Don't you know anything?"