Re: MkLinux gnustep make troubles

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: MkLinux gnustep make troubles
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 14:50:22 +0100

on 1/6/04 11:18 PM, Alex Perez at aperez@student.santarosa.edu wrote:

> MkLinux is really not supported. If you don't mind me asking, why do you
> use MkLinux? There are Linux distributions that are actually updated on a
> regular basis for PPC and are far superior. MkLinux is a bastard offspring
> of Linux, hasnt been updated since August 2002, and generally isn't
> considered of any importance by anyone.
This is a harsh remark. It is only slowly maintained due to limited
developer time. R2 should be out soon and plans for an R3 are on the way.
(Besides, if all goes well, plans are to include the whole gnustep
environment and major applications...). There are traces of a newer kernel
too, but this is almost dreaming.

> That being said, if we can fix the problem and its something simple, we
> probably will do so.
This should be examined. Here everything works.

-Ric