Re: GNUstep & FOSDEM 2004

From: Martin Brecher
Subject: Re: GNUstep & FOSDEM 2004
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:27:35 +0100

nicolas@roard.com wrote:
[...]
Are there some people interested in giving talks ?

I think that it's really time now to show the user oriented parts of GNUstep.

- What about making an install party during which we help people get GNUstep installed and set up? Maybe hand out some CDRs? (And if someone has a fast laptop, demonstrate the entire building process - which is extremly short and fast compared to the likes of KDE)

- Or some (simple?) user related demonstrations? I.e. drag'n'drop installation of (pre-compiled) Applications or Frameworks.

- Or showing some GNUstep applications more in depth -- GNUMail.app comes to mind.

I don't have a laptop (and if I had, it would be a Mac anyway), so I most likely cannot do any presentation. However, if we have a presentation box there, I'd be more than willing to help out. Also I'm available for the install party or other user support, as well as making a bundle of CDRs, printing flyers, etc.

Greetings,
Martin