Re: GNUstep frameworks on Solaris

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep frameworks on Solaris
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 19:14:19 +0000 (GMT)

> Hi Andreas,
>
> I have done this once. The problem is that Sun uses an ugly version of
> the /bin/sh(ell).
>
> Try to change all "tests", which read "[ -L ...]" to "[ -h ...]".
> Example in System/Library/Makefiles/Instance/framework.make:
> lines reading:
>           if [ ! -L "Current" ]; then \
> should be changed to:
>           if [ ! -h Current ]; then \
>
> This should get you going.

Thanks!  Interesting.  I thought test -L and test -h were the same, so I
preferred test -L as more readable.

It looks like I was wrong - they are not the same on old Solaris!, and I
better replace all occurrences of test -L with test -h.  :-)

Anyone having a reason not to replace test -L with test -h ?

Otherwise I'll do it on CVS.