Re: GNUstep frameworks on Solaris

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: GNUstep frameworks on Solaris
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:31:24 -0700

On Tuesday, December 30, 2003, at 05:59 PM, Andreas Hoeschler wrote:

Hi all,

I made progress and was able to build a first framework on Solaris (many thanks to Alexander V. Diemand). However building the second one that links against the first fails with the following error:

cd /Build/MyTestFrame; \
/opt/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/mkinstalldirs ./shared_obj; \
rm -f obj; \
ln -s ./shared_obj obj
gcc TestController.m -c \
-MMD -MP -DGNUSTEP -DGNUSTEP_BASE_LIBRARY=1 -DGNU_GUI_LIBRARY=1 -DGNU_RUNTIME=1 -DGNUSTEP_BASE_LIBRARY=1 -D_REENTRANT -fpic -fPIC -DGSWARN -DGSDIAGNOSE -O2 -Wno-import -fno-strict-aliasing -fgnu-runtime -Wno-parentheses -fconstant-string-class=NSConstantString -framework FBAccess -I/Build/MyTestFrame/derived_src -I. -I/home/ahoesch/

gcc doesn't understand "-framework FBAccess", so it thinks FBAccess is another object/source file. I think you may have to set the actual framework/library name and includes in the makefile, e.g.

MyTestFrame_FRAMEWORK_LIBS +=  libFBAccess

I guess it would be nice if gnustep-make autmatically converted "-framework FBAccess" into a set of calls that gcc understands.