Re: single-click window manager for gnustep x11

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: single-click window manager for gnustep x11
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:00:20 -0700

On Sunday, December 7, 2003, at 08:49 AM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

on 12/7/03 2:06 AM, Rogelio M.Serrano Jr. at rogelio@smsglobal.net wrote:

Whats the best window manager with single-click launch for gnustep
on x11? im using as a patched windowmaker right now and it has problems
with focus jumping around. it is only affecting some apps like the
terminal.app
projectcenter and gorm. if there is no other then i will fix the one im
using.

ig you refer to windows sometimes moving around or getting the wrong focus,
I'm experiencing this with gorm using CDE and it's integrated dtwm
(essentially the newer motif windowmanager.
I have similar problems when exporting display to apple's rootless X11
especially with menus moving badly.

This happens also with the latest focus patches (I use the cvs of some days
before the savannah crash)

Well, if you have Focus problems, feel free to send me an output with the Focus debug information set

openapp MyApp.app --GNU-Debug=Focus

and some notation in the log file about what was happening at various points. I'll at least tell you if I can fix it or not :-)