Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 17:34:08 -0500

On 2003-12-07 09:34:40 +0000 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk> wrote:
I don't think it's worth getting into the technical details which make it obvious ... that would be a long discussions and probably unconvincing to people who haven't looked at and digested the workings of the gui code, so it's ok to ask people to just accept our word that the gui library cannot
reasonably be expected to work with native widgets, but that it can
reasonably be modified to support an interface style which looks like
native widgets.

Isn't that what we wanted anyway? I just don't think it's reasonable to accept applications that don't blend in with the surrounding environment. But who cares how it's done? The only part that I think needs to be dynamic is the rearrangement of menu items, and the replacement of NeXT-ish standard dialog windows with Win32 equivalents.