Re: Is GNUstep really cross platform?

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Is GNUstep really cross platform?
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:06:42 +0100

John Davidorff Pell wrote:

On Dec 4, 2003, at 11:22 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:

Also GDB (I think 6.0 that is) now supports Objective-C without downloading a patch.

Because it was fixed up and committed by apple, for inclusion in their GDB. i did not advocate patching it in my HOWTO, I pointed out that it is already done. I am glad to hear that it has been committed to mainline.

Apple made their changes available but it was GNUstep's project leader Adam Fedor that did the tedious integration into FSF's gdb, so that now we have very usable ObjC support. There are still various minor issues though that still need to be adressed.

Cheers,
David