Re: Is GNUstep really cross platform? (was: FW: GNUstep on MS Windows (O

From: John Davidorff Pell
Subject: Re: Is GNUstep really cross platform? (was: FW: GNUstep on MS Windows (Oh boy...i've done it now!))
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 23:18:43 -0800

On Dec 4, 2003, at 4:11 PM, Alex Perez wrote:

IMHO cross platform does not mean that it runs on linux and frebsd.
Why not? Platform is a combination of a number of factors, including CPU architecture, Operating System, etc. GNUstep works on *MANY* CPU archs and
*MANY* *NIX-based OS'es. How do you see this as 'not cross-platform'?

That's like saying that ABC.exe runs on Winblows 95 and Windoze XP.

IMO, cross-platform means *nix and others. *nix is like one highly-diverse platform. I know I'm exaggerating, but do you see my point? Perhaps I should have said that it is not *very* cross-platform, but it got my point across.

--
John Davidorff Pell
johnpell@mac.com