Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: Rogelio M . Serrano Jr .
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 06:30:25 +0800

On 2003-12-05 00:43:21 +0800 Andreas Hoeschler <ahoesch@smartsoft.de> wrote:

In this presentation they also remarked that there are already more handhelds and other mobile devices out there than WinTel PCs, so Microsoft still dominates the PC market, but who cares, if mobile devices, thin clients (Sun Ray) and other neat new developments more and more replace the fat and expensive (total costs of ownership) Wintel PC.

The attraction of making money on the still-existing
WinDoze market notwithstanding, aren't we in reality
trying to change the world's entire attitude toward
software?

Yep and change means migration. First we run GNUstep on windows then we throw windows away :)

But do we need it to look like native windows such that you dont even know it is GNUstep? I agree that GNUstep should be cross platform but it is not necessary
to have a native look. I like the Next UI a lot.