Re: Installing GNUstep on Windows

From: andre levy
Subject: Re: Installing GNUstep on Windows
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 15:29:45 +0100

Hello,

my company is using MinGW\GNUstep-base as the core of our application.
we're using GNUstep-base 1.3.4 and hoping to synchronize to a more up-to-date version.

I've been trying 1.8.0 and had quit the same symptoms you are describing now.
I solved it by re-installing gnustep-make with a different set of options.
explanation:

the first time, I tried ./configure --disable-flattened in gnustep-make because the new standard is NOT to use directories like '.../ix86/mingw32/gnu-gnu-gnu'

but when I did, I couldn't build gnustep-base afterward. I found that the reason for this was that the libraries were looked for in: .../gnu-gnu-gnu/ix86/mingw32 (looking at GNUstep.sh)

so i decided to try ./configure using flattened directories. the install went fine. I realized at that time that I don't need the hairy option. (If i want an install of the application for linux or freeBSD, i'm going to distribute a version compiled for linux and another one compiled for freebsd!)

however, try 'make -n' to see the paths that are used to compile your gnustep-base.

Andre