Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer

From: M. Grabert
Subject: Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 04:41:09 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Ian Jones wrote:

> > What is wrong with compile-all ?
>
> LOL, have you tried it and or looked at it? It's crap, doesn't bail
> out when crucial things aren't present etc etc. I wrote a sligtly
> improved replacement but noone seems interested enough to look at it.
> So it seems like it was a big waste of my time.

Oh, pardon me. Did I forgot the <irony> tag?  ;-P

Seriously, I don't consider this as a real problem.

When I first installed KDE version 1 (and the same applies to the
first GNOME release) it was much more hassle that GNUstep will ever be.
And things have gotten worse since then (for compiling/installing KDE/GNOME).

The problem is than GNUstep is no replacement for KDE/GNOME, since it
lacks applications, or at least one killer app (don't ask me what kind
of application that could be).

The installation process is the last thing I worry about ...

Max