Re: new gui bug (focus? gorm?)

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: new gui bug (focus? gorm?)
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:10:56 -0800 (PST)

--- Riccardo Mottola <multix@ngi.it> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I get the following strange behavior on gnustep (on linux, everything else
> seems to work fine, gnustep updated to today's CVS).
> - make a new applicaiton in gorm
> - drag an NSImage into the window
> - group it in an NSScroller
> - go into the Inspector, select size and try to set the "springs" inside the
> window

I have tried this on my box and I don't see the same issue, please see attached
.png for proof.

> stop, everything freezes, clicking around has no effect, I cannot change
> focus in anyway, not even to the original console to kill gorm. I need to
> telnet into the box and kill gorm.
> I tried thi sexporting on apple's X11 (jaguar) or on Motif/CDE but also
> running locally and using window maker. ALways the same, it clearly messes
> up the remote windowmanager too!
>
> another note: I tried leaving everything there for a while to see if it was
> just an operation taking a long time or if it would crash. Nothing happened,
> but memory consumption in TOP peaked 52megs (usually round 16-17...)
>
> -Ric

GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---