Re: why cairo and the pdf imaging model?

From: Rogelio M . Serrano Jr .
Subject: Re: why cairo and the pdf imaging model?
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:03:51 +0800

On 2003-11-22 03:46:40 +0800 Banlu Kemiyatorn <id@project-ile.net> wrote:

Rogelio M.Serrano Jr. wrote:

So thats why cairo works with with X. Cairo needs a windowing system. I was thinking of making a window system running on opengl. It is more of a reimplementation of Mark Thomas`s Y. It is very similar to x so it would be straightforward to "hack up" the
x backend or cairo to run on y.

I was reading his paper but I didn't really like it though. One reason is its providing server widgets and I don't see a good reason to have them unneccessarily loaded.

We are reimplementing it so we can choose what to take out.

cairo-back could then run on 'x derivative' and then 'x derivative' could then run on fbdri. cairo does not even need to know it is using opengl or should it?.

Cairo has layer in itself for allowing backend implementation.
http://www.cs.umu.se/~c99pnn/twiki/bin/view/Main/Screenshots
This is the shot of Cairo working on OpenGL, it was just annouced today.

This is so cool! Is that in cvs already?