Re: Maximal button ?

From: Björn Giesler
Subject: Re: Maximal button ?
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2003 13:06:54 +0100

Hi,

On 2003-11-01 09:01:05 +0100 Tima Vaisburd <tima@frys.com> wrote:
> Yen-Ju Chen writes:
>>    There is no maximal button on GNUstep/WindowMaker.
>>    Any reason for that besides there is none in NextStep/OpenStep ?
>>    MacOS X has one.
>>    Is that worthy to have one ?
>
> Ctrl + double click on the window bar extends window vertically to maximum,
> Shift + double click - horizontally,
> Ctrl+Shift + doube click maximizes to the full screen.

I'd suggest copying that: It's directed, so it doesn't steal any keystrokes
from the window, and it's standard and logical.

Additionally, I'd like (configurable?) keystrokes to maximize in both
directions separately and at once... I personally use "maximize vertically" a
lot, esp in editor windows and terminals.

I'm against a maximize button; it adds clutter to the interface, is harder to
hit w/the mouse than the title bar, and adds no functionality wrt the apple
method.

Regards,
Björn