Re: getting rid of configure scripts

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: getting rid of configure scripts
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:52:59 -0800

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:35:23 -0800 (PST)
Rogelio Serrano <rogelio@smsglobal.net> wrote:
> How do we get rid of configure scripts? A replacement? I lost alot of
> hair trying to build a package that fails to build because the
> configure script is so broken i had to comment out large parts of it
> so i can continue working. I believe that the gnustep make system is
> the way to replace autconf but it uses autoconf itself.

And exactly how do you take care of different implementations,
installation paths etc.pp. on different operating systems GNUstep is
going to get installed on?

Are you going to write TONS of 'if systemA else if systemB ...' just to
get rid of autoconf? Have fun.

--
Chris