Re: Are we too serious these days? Let's go electing an official mascot.

From: Dean Powell
Subject: Re: Are we too serious these days? Let's go electing an official mascot.
Date: 29 Oct 2003 23:33:19 -0800

Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote in message
news:<mailman.2641.1067384263.21628.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>...
<snip>
> > OTOH, apart from the ones listed above,
> >
> > - Cows also come in black and white (although that might get us into
> >   trouble with a well known computer seller)
> > - West Highland Terrier (there's another, Jack Something Terrier)
> > - Lemur Variegatus Variegatus (aka Ruffed Lemur)
> > - Penguines
> > - Forest Cobra
> >
> > and my personal favourite
> >
> > - Tasmanian Devil
</snip>

The mention of the forest cobra made me remember something...In the
Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza there is a grand stepped pyramid.  On the
spring and fall equinoxes, a shadow is cast on the north staircase
that look like a giant snake making its way to the top of the
structure (check this link:
http://playadelcarmeninfo.com/printer/mayan-ruins-of-chichen-itza.php).
 Since the GNUstep logo is also a staircase, perhaps a snake theme
would work(?)

Regards,
Dean Powell