Re: StepBox v1.2

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: StepBox v1.2
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:03:20 -0500

From: copal <copal@dragonhelix.org>
To: "Yen-Ju Chen" <yjchenx@hotmail.com>
CC: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:26:48 -0600

have either of you looked at the source for interface?

 Actually not.
 I started StepBox because I met some focus problem
 and I know it may relate to window manager.
 After InterfaceWM failed to run on my system (I didn't try hard),
 I think it will be faster to have a GNUstep-aware window manager
 by porting an existing one rather than writing a new one.
 Therefore I didn't spend time on the InterfaceWM source code.
 Rewritting hackedbox from C++ takes about two weeks,
 and another two weeks to make it run.
 (should be faster for people who are familiar with C++).
 It's not perfect, but as least I have something to use and work on.
 It's small, and can be smaller.
 I think the core part (XEvent handling) could be a reference for others.

 Yen-Ju

Cheer a special someone with a fun Halloween eCard from American Greetings! Go to http://www.msn.americangreetings.com/index_msn.pd?source=msne134