Re: The GNUstep Roadmap

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: The GNUstep Roadmap
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 12:39:11 +0100

On 25.10.2003, at 05:08, Adam Fedor wrote:
On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 02:58 AM, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
What do people think about actively discouraging direct mailing of bug reports to the bug and discuss mailing lists?
I think that's great, but how do we do that? Perhaps just a polite "Please report bugs using the bug reporting system at..."

Sure! We only accept bugreports this way in OGo. And it works out pretty well since it has advantages for both parties, reporter and developer.

BUT: The bugreporting system needs to be usable! If its too slow or too difficult to add bugs, people won't do. Eg thats one reason why we did choose RedHat Bugzilla over the Mozilla Bugzilla for OGo.

Greets
  Helge
--
OpenGroupware.org