Re: GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for qualitycontro

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for qualitycontrol)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:58:31 +0200

on 10/23/03 3:27 AM, Helge Hess at helge.hess@opengroupware.org wrote:

> There is something else which does exactly that: Mozilla. So a central
> question is what is better about Rennaisance? Mozilla has a pretty
> excellent cross platform UI framework.

I never programmed it, but as a user, I hate it. I was soooo happy when
someone started prgramming Camino, the geck with the aqua look. Not just for
the look (ok, it is just looks like any other apps, has a better UI and
doesn't focus on themes or such) but also for the usability and speed. I was
even going to ask the authoer if this thing could be ported to GNUstep. I
don't know how he handles the gecko engine, if he as wrappers or if he needs
Obj-C++ stuff.

My 1 eurocent

-Ric