GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality control)

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality control)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:22:45 +0200

Hi,

I think you are right and I should stop complaining, I do not even spend time to work on GNUstep, so I am merely qualified to do so. Besides I always was an advocate of the project, so I do not believe I am not ranting as you said. It's just that my my frustrations are due to the fact that although many talented programmers worked on this project for almost a decade it did not live up the (my?) expectations until now. And since I spent some time on GNUstep related stuff I allow myself to be a little frustrated... :-)

But to remain at least a little on-topic allow me to ask this question (as a simple user resp. programmer who needs to decide whether to use it or not): where will the GNUstep project be within 12 months (which will be more or less GUI 1.0)? What is the (realistic) roadmap for the GNUstep project anyway?

Thanks,

-Phil