Re: Strange problem...

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: Strange problem...
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:06:03 +0200

Martin Brecher wrote:

Dennis Leeuw wrote:

Using gnustep make/base 1.8.0
and gnustep gui/back 0.9.0
I am running into a strange problem I can't figure our.

Using the system as described in the Build Guide and starting applications I get:
openapp Preferences.app
/usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/Preferences.app/Preferences: error while loading shared libraries: libPrefsModule.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and

openapp GWorkspace
/usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/GWorkspace.app/GWorkspace: error while loading shared libraries: libGWorkspace.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Resourcing GNUstep.sh solves the problem.

GNUstep.sh sets up LD_LIBRARY_PATH to enable the linker to find the libraries that are otherwise missing when you invoke openapp. Thus, sourcing GNUstep.sh from your .bashrc is recommended to have everything in place when you open a new terminal window. If you want to run applications directly from Window Maker, it's advisable to also source GNUstep.sh from the Window Maker autostart script in ~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker.

The error gets more bizare...

adding:
. /usr/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH > /tmp/test.ld

to the autostart file reveils a filled LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the test.ld file.

But no apps are autolaunched and starting rxvt shows an empty LD_LIBRARY_PATH

So the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable gets destroyed after wmaker is started...

I am now gonna remove everything that is autostarted. From wmaker...

Dennis