maintaining a GNUstep Solaris 8 SPARC portation

From: Chris Beaham
Subject: maintaining a GNUstep Solaris 8 SPARC portation
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:18:22 +0200

Hi Everyone

Is there anyone interested in maintaining a GNUstep Solaris 8 SPARC portation as 3rd Party package, and providing support and services for this as a product under contract? BTW, please inform me if this might violate any type of licensing. Or can anyone indicate to me if such a beast already exists and who's responsible for it? It seems that Solaris is a bit exotic with regards to GNUstep (the majority of the Steppers are using Linux or a BSD variant) and we currently lack the time and resources needed to keep track of each release and the subsequent patches, and at the same time actually get some programming accomplished. We have made several attempts in the past to install everything and get started, but it seems that we always managed to get stuck with some Solaris related problem/bug/workaround or new compiler version and never got a chance to write code. We are also very interested in using GDL2 with PostgreSQL which makes the installation more difficult and the learning curve even steeper. If anyone is brave enough, or for that matter crazy enough, to have any interest in this proposal, please contact me by mail or by phone. Thanks!

Very best regards,

Chris Beaham
Manager Software Development & Engineering
chris.beaham@pcs-ag.com
development@pcs-ag.com
Tel. +41 (0) 1 931 22 45

PCS Process Control Systems AG