GNUstep cookbook: code browser.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: GNUstep cookbook: code browser.
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:45:46 +0200

Hi folks,

this is to announce a new recipe that I have added to the cookbook;
the URL is

    http://www.gnustep.it/marko/index.html

Please let me know if there are any problems with the TGZ or ZIP
archives, or if there are any bugs that remain in the program.

This recipe implements a search and find utility with "find" and
"grep." It may be used to search a code base of, say, Objective C code
for certain code snippets for use in writing an application. It
provides support for coding by "copy-and-paste." Try pointing it to

         /usr/local/src/gnustep

and browsing the GNUstep code base.

The basic idea is to run "find" on a directory in order to locate a
set of files that match a shell pattern or a regular expression. We
run "grep" for each file and look for a certain pattern. Matching
lines including some context are collected and displayed for
viewing. The user may inspect an entire file if she wishes.

There is a blue progress indicator that is displayed as files are
searched.

I would be curious to know if this recipe compiles on Mac OS X. You
might have to set the location of the binaries with "defaults write
BrowseIt find /path/to/find" etc.

For N. Roard: would you run this through your LaTeX -> HTML converter
please, assuming it's not too much trouble.

Best regards,

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, mriedel@neuearbeit.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html          |