Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.6
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:30:53 -0600

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 02:56 PM, Larry Cow wrote:

For example, if I want to prevent Sawfish from displaying borders on
(some) submenus, I can only prevent him to do this for all windows Named
"Window" with Class "Gnustep/Window", or something like that.

Maybe there is some very neat naming scheme about which I'm not aware,
but if so where can I find informations on it?

I'm not sure how to do this or how Sawfish works. The X11 documentation say that the window name and class should be the application name and application class respectively. Window types are generally set using window layers (which depend on the window manager), but Sawfish, I think uses EWMH:

http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/wm-spec/wm-spec-1.3.html

which GNUstep (partially) supports AFAIK.