Re: [objc-improvements] Just remembered something about multiple method

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: [objc-improvements] Just remembered something about multiple method signatures...
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 10:47:21 +0100

> If we develop consensus around the 'hard error' proposal (which I must
> admit I like even better than the IMP approach), I'll tackle the
> implementation, while you guys can come up with creative test cases. :-)

I've been following this thread with great interest and I have to say that I
think the hard error option sounds the best out of all of them. I have caught
somany errors due to typing Objective C (despite the fact that I was taught
it as "use id everywhere and let the runtime sort it out") that anything which
enforces this seems like a good idea to me. Failing that the IMP fallback
sounds like the next best option - especially if it is less likely to
produce correct coe than the existsing approach, as this will also encourage
people to fix their code.

-bat.