Re: New warnings (hopefully) in gcc 3.4

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: New warnings (hopefully) in gcc 3.4
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 09:36:46 +0200

David Ayers wrote:

But this issue ( @class MyClass; ... [MyClass class]; ) prompted me fixup an new test case. I've attached it with some comments. It leads to proposing the following Objective-C extension (actually I'm not sure if Apple's compiler allready handles it, but I doubt it.):

Let me try again... :-)

id <MyProtocol> var1;
[(id <MyProtocol>)var2 message];

Only check instance methods of the protocol (and inherited protocols).

Class <MyProtocol> var1;
[(Class <MyProtocol>)var2 message];

Check class methods of the protocol (and inherited protocols).
Also check instance methods of the protocol (and inherited protocols)*if* *any* root class declares this protocol.

Cheers,
David