Re: Renaissance on Mac OS X - simple bugfix

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Renaissance on Mac OS X - simple bugfix
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 12:59:49 +0100 (BST)

> In building a .pbproj to build Renaissance.framework on Mac OS X, I
> noticed a simple bug:
>
> In GSMarkupDecoderBackendCFXML.m:117 in the declaration of the
> GSMarkupDecoderBackendCFXML class, the declaration of the parser
> instance variable should be just a CFXMLParserRef, not a
> CFXMLParserRef*.

Thanks Chris.  I fixed this on CVS.  I don't have an Apple with me to
test, and I wonder how this has escaped me when I was testing on Apple.
:-)

Anyway - thanks again.

> With that fix, it's fairly easy to build Renaissance as a framework on
> Mac OS X 10.2.6 using the December 2002 Mac OS X Developer Tools
> without using gstep-make.  There are two tricky bits:
>
> (1) You should set Source/Renaissance.h to be your prefix file, and set
> it to be precompiled, to make everything else build faster and with the
> correct #define settings.
>
> (2) You can go ahead and add the DecoderBackend files to the project
> but they should *not* be part of any target.  The correct decoder
> backend -- in the case of Mac OS X, the CFXML backend -- will be chosen
> based on platform #define settings that you don't have to muck with.
>
> I'd be happy to contribute my .pbproj if others would like it, though
> I'm not sure I can invest the time to ensure that it's always 100%
> up-to-date.  Right now it can be downloaded at
> http://alpha.bdistributed.com/~cmh/Renaissance.pbproj.gnutar.gz; just
> un-tar it in dev-libs/Renaissance, and you've got a Project Builder
> project.

It sounds like it might be useful to Mac OS X people, unfortunately I
rarely access an Apple to test these things, so I'm not sure I can invest
the time to ensure that it's always 100% up-to-date either.

Is it Ok if I add a link to the .gnutar.gz on your site ?  It would also
be nice to copy your comments in a section in the Renaissance INSTALL.OSX
file.  I'll do it if you are Ok with that.