Re: Apple ObjC-EOF?

From: Jim McLoughlin
Subject: Re: Apple ObjC-EOF?
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 12:12:15 -0700

Hi

dlatt@alqualonde.de wrote:
I just saw on developer.apple.com a section on "Cocoa EOF runtime
preview". Does someone here know what this is? Is this a new version of
the EOAccess, EOControl and EOInterface frameworks in ObjC?

This has to do with the new option as of WebObjects 5.1 to build a "Cocoa EOF Application" that uses EOF without a WO server (as a fat client).

I have not played with it much, but I think it gives you some IB/EOF integration, as in the older days of cocoa eof. The catch is that now any cocoa apps are using EOF via the java bridge (because EOF is in java). So to answer your question, no there are not new version in Obj-C.

I believe the only other mention of it in apple docs is:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/WebObjects/PB_for_WO_Developers/WOinPB/chapter_1_section_2.html

cheers

Jim M