Renaissance on Mac OS X - simple bugfix

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Renaissance on Mac OS X - simple bugfix
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:12:41 -0500

In building a .pbproj to build Renaissance.framework on Mac OS X, I noticed a simple bug:

In GSMarkupDecoderBackendCFXML.m:117 in the declaration of the GSMarkupDecoderBackendCFXML class, the declaration of the parser instance variable should be just a CFXMLParserRef, not a CFXMLParserRef*.

With that fix, it's fairly easy to build Renaissance as a framework on Mac OS X 10.2.6 using the December 2002 Mac OS X Developer Tools without using gstep-make. There are two tricky bits:

(1) You should set Source/Renaissance.h to be your prefix file, and set it to be precompiled, to make everything else build faster and with the correct #define settings.

(2) You can go ahead and add the DecoderBackend files to the project but they should *not* be part of any target. The correct decoder backend -- in the case of Mac OS X, the CFXML backend -- will be chosen based on platform #define settings that you don't have to muck with.

I'd be happy to contribute my .pbproj if others would like it, though I'm not sure I can invest the time to ensure that it's always 100% up-to-date. Right now it can be downloaded at http://alpha.bdistributed.com/~cmh/Renaissance.pbproj.gnutar.gz; just un-tar it in dev-libs/Renaissance, and you've got a Project Builder project.

  -- Chris

--
Chris Hanson, bDistributed.com, Inc.  |  Email: cmh@bDistributed.com
Custom Mac OS X Development           |  Phone: +1-847-372-3955