Re: GDL2 How-To

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: GDL2 How-To
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:42:20 +0200 (CEST)

Bonjour Frédéric,

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 16:34:08 +0200 Frédéric PRACA
<frederic.praca@freebsd-fr.org> wrote:
>| I just started looking at GDL2 which seems to be the most powerful layer
>| between objects and relationnal databases I've seen.
>| Well, I have problems :
>| - First, there's no doc with it nor examples. So I read the doc from db and
>the
>| examples which are almost good fro gdl2
>| - Second, after reading everything and keeping it like handbook, I didn't
>found
>| anywhere how to simply select and retrieve objects from my little database.
>No
>| how-to, nothing ... Well looking in header files, I found some methods in
>| DatabaseChannel but specifying entities in the request seems redundant to me
>(I
>| already described it in the model file with the mapping).
>| Does someone know where I can find help or a little example well commented
>with
>| application objects and how to retrieve them from the database ?
>| Thanks a lot
>|
>| Fred
>|
>| PS: please don't give the links on developer.apple.com, everything about EOF
>is
>| in WebObjects and is now in Java.

You can find legacy/objc docs here:

http://www.geminisolutions.com/WebObjects_4.5/Documentation/Developer/EnterpriseObjects/Guide/GuideTOC.html
and WO docs here:

http://www.geminisolutions.com/WebObjects_4.5/Documentation/Developer/WebObjects/DevGuide/DevGuideTOC.html

Manuel
Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998