Re: Display busy cursor?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Display busy cursor?
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:54:44 -0600

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 02:50 AM, Björn Giesler wrote:

Hi,

I'm hacking on GNUtooth a bit and find that I'd like to display a "busy"
cursor. Browsing through the headers and the documentation doesn't
reveal anything; maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. However,
MacOS X seems to display the busy cursor automatically if it detects
that an application isn't responding to events. Does anyone know how it
does that? Should GNUstep do the same?

I don't know how MacOSX does it, but in X it's probably the window manager's responsibility. It could be implemented by the ping (_NET_WM_PING) protocol described by EWMH protocol (GNUstep doesn't implement this, but it could easily).