RE: Including external libraries in GNU source

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: RE: Including external libraries in GNU source
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:32:06 -0400

The LGPL just means you can link to it without any license problems and since
our project is also GPL/LGPL we "could" use the code. However, our current
policy is that we have copyright for all contributions assigned to the FSF, so
unfortunatly, it's unlikely we could use it. Depending on how you plan to use
the library, it's possible we could optionally link it in via the configure
script, though, we would rather not depend on an external library for core code.