Re: Internationalisation and fonts - a suggestion

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Re: Internationalisation and fonts - a suggestion
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 01:03:48 +0300

I ran into problem something like that of Pete a few days ago in GWorkspace. In
a directory (viewed with the NSBrowser view, if it makes a difference), I could
no longer find a number of files and folders, though they were visible if I
went to a terminal window and typed `ls`. I tracked it down to a single file,
which had an LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH ACUTE in seemingly malformed UTF-8. Once
GWorkspace hit this, it went crazy and started missing some of the following
files and directories.

Maybe Marcus Kuhn's UTF-8-test.txt file could be helpful for the GS developers?

Christopher Culver