Re: Can't run gui apps on Mac OS X

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Can't run gui apps on Mac OS X
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:55:31 -0600

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 01:41 PM, Phillip Tamulonis wrote:

After successfully compiling GNUstep on Mac OS X, I am unable to run any gui apps due to the following error:

Gorm[532] NSApplication.m:221 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Backend at path /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles/libgnustep-art.bundle doesn't contain the GSBackend class /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Applications/Gorm.app/Gorm: Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: NSApplication.m:221 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Backend at path /usr/local/GNUstep/System/Library/Bundles/libgnustep-art.bundle doesn't contain the GSBackend class

The error occurs irrespective of backend used or whether or not the backend is compiled as a library or a bundle. Any pointers?

Bundles don't work on OXS (to be clear, GNUstep bundles don't work). I've been thinking about fixing that, but I haven't got to it yet, so feel free to look at it if you want :-) It's odd because the bundle loads properly, but the classes aren't integrated into the runtime and there doesn't appear to be any method for getting the class constructors to do it.