Re: Problems with newest ProjectCenter

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Problems with newest ProjectCenter
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:28:08 -0400

From: "Yen-Ju Chen" <yjchenx@hotmail.com>
To: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:37:46 -0400

From: Dirk Olmes <dirk@xanthippe.ping.de>
To: "Yen-Ju Chen" <yjchenx@hotmail.com>
CC: discuss-gnustep@gnu.org
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:46:31 +0200

On Freitag, Juli 25, 2003, at 05:59  Uhr, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

Hi,

 gdnc works now from CVS on FreeBSD 4.8
 But ProjectCenter has problem.
 Open ProjectCenter and select menu "Project->New" or "Project->Open",
 I get "Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason:
GSFFCallInvocation.m: 864 Assertion failed in GSInvocationCallback.
          No signature for selector projectNew:" or
         "No signature for selector projectOpen:"
 Gorm works fine.
 They are both from CVS.

Great to hear that - err, actually not. I've stumbled over this one some time ago now and mailed with Philippe privately, yet I couldn't find the source of the bug and Philippe couldn't reproduce it. So it's definitely not my machine alone ...

 I found that in Terminal.app, it comments on CVS said
"Implement -methodSignatureForSelector: since forwarding now won't work without it.".
 I add -methodSignatureForSelector according to
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/terminal/terminal/PreferencesWindowController.m.diff?r1=1.9&r2=1.10&diff_format=h
 and at least it partially works (and then core dump).

 Just give a hint where might be the problem.
 Hope it help.

 Yen-Ju

 Yen-Ju

-dirk