Re: More recent CVS woes...

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: More recent CVS woes...
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:54:39 +0100

On Wednesday, July 23, 2003, at 10:03 PM, Pete French wrote:

I just tried a complete install from scartch too see if that helped (i.e.
deleted the whole tree and also /usr/local/GNUstep)

I now get a failure building the gui:

Making all for doc Gui...
gmake[3]: Nothing to be done for `internal-doc-all'.
rm -f Gui.gsdoc
if [ -d Gui ]; then \
  rmdir Gui; \
fi
rmdir: Gui: Directory not empty
gmake[2]: *** [after-all] Error 1
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pete/gnustep/core/gui/Source'
gmake[1]: *** [after-all] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pete/gnustep/core/gui/Documentation'
gmake: *** [internal-all] Error 2

...and indeed Gui is not empty, its full of HTMl files. I am not sure
how this si supposed to be working so I dont really know where to start
to fix it.

Suffice to say that I am now without any sort of development environment at all as if the documentation wont guild then I cant do a 'make install' in gui.

I think that's an error in my makefile rule ... probably fixed in current cvs.